Benefits of Face Steaming and How to Do It at Home?
Do you want to revive your tired, dull skin? Try face steaming for deep cleansing and hydrating your skin.
Steam treatments have been around for centuries and are still used today as a beauty and health treatment. Since ancient times, steaming has been used for self-care. Steam facials are 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43° Celsius) and cause sweat where you purify your largest organ, the skin.
Facial steam can benefit all skin types, especially those with oily or acne-prone skin, helping in better blood circulation and opening pores. It will also unclog whiteheads and blackheads. Additional benefits of face steaming include soothing inflamed and irritated skin due to too much sun exposure or other weather conditions. Steam can reduce dark spots and facial blemishes.
Learn more about facial steaming and how you can make your own!
It is simple and takes less than five minutes to complete the process at home using ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen cupboard. This is one of the easiest and most affordable facial treatments you can do at home. If you're looking for a complete facial with steaming, you can visit a professional esthetician. You can also purchase a facial sauna or steamer device to steam your skin at home. According to dermatologists, steaming is an easy treatment that does not require any investment. You can steam your face by either placing it over a bowl of boiling water or simply sitting in front of a basic facial steamer.
Is Steaming is Good for Your Face?
For a long time, face steaming and steam baths have been a popular choice for glowing and clear skin. Healthy skin is synonymous with a glowing, clean, healthy complexion.
The intense heat causes blood vessels to dilate in the face, increasing blood circulation. This increases oxygen intake to your skin, making it healthier, more radiant and glowing. This improves collagen synthesis and gives your skin anti-ageing benefits.
Steaming also gives you a feeling of well-being. It opens up your pores and makes your skin more healthy. Face steaming is recommended by dermatologists and skin specialists for people with acne-prone or oily skin. It helps to open up pores that have been clogged with sebum and remove accumulated dirt.
How Does Facial Steaming Benefits?
These benefits will convince you to practice face steaming. Learn more:
●Offers a Relaxing Experience
Many people report feeling relaxed and calm after undergoing face steaming. They even resort to steam rooms in gyms and spas to relieve stress and tension. Natural hot springs are popular in many parts of the globe. People often visit these natural hot springs to relax and calm their nerves. You can make a relaxing aromatherapy experience by using essential oils and herbs in your facial steamers.
●Promoting Blood Circulation
Even if you have a good skincare routine, sometimes your skin looks dull and dry. Poor blood circulation could be the main reason for this. Face steaming at home is a great way to improve your skin's health. This increases circulation, delivers oxygen and keeps your skin healthy and young.
●Steaming is a great way to remove all makeup.
Again, it is a great option if you wear makeup frequently. Face steaming will remove any makeup accumulated in your pores from regular makeup application. Face steaming also kills bacteria and keeps your skin clear of infection.
●Steam Helps Unclog Your Pores
Facial steam can be a great option for oily skin.
Facial steaming can be a great way to eliminate dryness and heat.
❖Reduce the buildup of sebum in the pores
❖Clogged pores can be caused by loose dirt or other impurities
These magical steaming effects make it easier to clean your skin later.
●Boost collagen production
Commercial facial steamers claim that steaming can increase collagen and elastin production. Skin is more resilient and fuller of collagen and elastin. The loss of collagen or elastin causes the skin to become thinner and less elastic as we age. Doctors might recommend retinoids and other physical treatments such as radiofrequency microneedling and micro-focused ultrasound to increase collagen and elastin.
●Eliminates dead skin
It acts as an exfoliator and helps remove dead skin cells, revealing new and glowing skin beneath. A buildup of dead skin cells can make your face appear tired, dull, and withered, which over time can lead to wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs that indicate aging. Steaming your face can be gentle exfoliation. It also has natural anti-aging properties that make your skin appear healthy and young.
●Get Rid Of Blackheads
A great benefit of face steaming is that it can be an efficient and cost-effective way to remove whiteheads and blackheads. If you leave blackheads or whiteheads on your skin for too long, they can become painful. Steaming can open your pores, remove the gunk and clean your face. This helps eliminate blackheads and gives your skin a glowing, smooth appearance.
How to Do It At Home?
Here's how to steam your face properly At Home.
Steam with Warm Towels
For a few moments, soak a towel or washcloth made of soft fabric in hot water. You can add some essential oils or dried herbs to the washcloth.
- Securely tie your hair in a ponytail or bun, then use a mild exfoliating facial wash to deep clean your skin and neck.
- To remove any excess water, remove the towel soaked in hot water and gently wring it.
- Next, lie on a comfortable bed or in a recliner chair. Place the damp towel on your head so that the edges touch your forehead.
- Place the damp towel on your face and cover your eyes. Relax for five to ten minutes.
Steam with a Facial Steamer at Your Home
Follow the instructions on your facial steamer. Fill the steamer with water. Once the water gets boiled, turn on the steamer. It will take about a minute for the facial steamer to start steaming up.
- You can secure your hair in a ponytail or bun and gently wash your face with a mild exfoliating facial cleanser.
- Place your head above the steamer holder and sit comfortably on a stool.
- Follow the instructions on the steamer's manual to keep your head at 5-10 inches above the steam.
- Let the steam go on for five minutes, then take a break to check if your skin is okay.
Steam over A Sink or Bowl Of Hot Water
Choose a large, cotton-based towel. Comfort is the essence of the entire experience. If you are streaming over a sink, you might need a stool or chair that provides support and is the right height. A steaming bowl of warm water placed on a table is another option.
- Use a ponytail or bun to tie your hair and wash your face with an exfoliating facial cleanser. Make sure to wash your neck.
- Boil 6-8 cups of water in a suitable saucepan, depending on your sink or bowl size.
- Once the water boils, add a few dried herbs.
- Reduce the heat and cover the utensil. Let it simmer for a few moments. Pour the boiling water into the bowl or skin you prefer.
- You can add essential oils to steam by adding a few drops of oil to hot water.
- Place your head on a chair or stool, and cover it with the towel. Keep your face at least six feet away from the hot water.
- You can lower or raise your head according to your preference.
- For 5-10 minutes, stay in the same position.
How do you choose your base?
While steaming your face doesn't have to be less effective, depending on the base, steaming can make your skin feel more healthy.
Of course, it all depends on everyone’s personal choice and pocket.
- Tap water. Tap water is free and easily accessible, so it's easy to go wrong.
- Spring water or distilled water. Steaming is possible with either spring or distilled water.
- Tea. Beauty teas have health benefits, such as antioxidants. They are also said to aid in the elimination of toxins. Green tea and other polyphenol-rich beverages have been shown to provide anti-ageing and protective benefits when applied topically.
Use Essential Oils for Steaming Your Face
Steaming your face with the right oil is a great way to get the most out of it. You must be clear about what you want and then go for it.
Rosemary- Rosemary is known for its antimicrobial, antiseptic properties used to moisturize and tone your skin.
Frankincense- It is another essential oil to give you a radiant glow, help with stress relief and relaxation. This is an ingredient that everyone can appreciate.
Myrrh- It is well-known for its anti-ageing properties, which simply cant be ignored. It could be used in derma rolling.
Face steaming at home can be a great addition to your skin care regimen. Consult a dermatologist or aesthetician if you are experiencing persistent skin issues such as redness, irritation, eczema, or redness. Skincare experts can help you maintain great skin for many years.