SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine) is a metabolite present in all living cells. It functions as a donor of methyl groups in over 100 different reactions and contributes to the synthesis, activation and/or metabolism of hormones, neurotransmitters, nucleic acids, phospholipids and proteins. Methyl groups act as a signal throughout the body, regulating genetic expression and cellular function. SAMe also functions as a precursor molecule for glutathione and promotes polyamine synthesis to promote healthy cellular function. It may also promote healthy protein turnover and maintains healthy phospholipid methylation to support phosphatidylcholine production and cellular membrane integrity and fluidity. Studies suggest it may enhance joint comfort and flexibility as well. In a meta-analysis involving 11 studies, SAMe offered statistically significant support for joint function. It is believed to enhance joint comfort and function by supporting proteoglycan synthesis, as well as helping to stabilize and protect the proteoglycans.
• Overall Health: Provides support for positive mood, cell membrane fluidity, neurotransmitter synthesis, glutathione production, joint comfort and healthy cell growth.
• Positive Mood: SAMe promotes positive mood and cognitive function.
• Joint Health: SAMe supports joint comfort and function by promoting healthy proteoglycan synthesis, and by helping to stabilize and protect the proteoglycans.
• Pure Quality: Our supplements are made with only premium ingredients sourced from trusted suppliers and guided by our nutritional experts, then carefully manufactured and tested to verify their potency and purity.
• Pure Difference: What makes us different isn't just our process or what goes into our supplements -- what we leave out matters, too. All Pure Encapsulations products are FREE FROM many common allergens like wheat, eggs, tree nuts & peanuts, gluten, artificial colors, flavors & sweeteners, coatings and shellacs, GMOs, unnecessary binders, fillers & preservatives, and more.